Sender:
From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 12:32:24 -0500
On Jan 10, 11:23am, Todd Myrick wrote:
> Subject: GREATEST GAME EVER
> 1991 National Championship, Northern Michigan vs. Boston University, triple
OT,
> lead changes, highs and lows, maybe not the finest display of defense, but
for
> pure excitement, drama, and sudden euphoria, then dismay, nothing comes
close.
> At the end of each period, depending on who you were rooting for, you either
> thought you had it locked up, or your team had given it away.
>
> (Matt, back me up on this!)
>
>-- End of excerpt from Todd Myrick

Todd, consider yourself backed!

This was, indeed, a great (and long) game.  I remember thinking
while watching the semi's that BU and Maine bore some resemblance.  They
were both big and aggressive teams.  So when Northern beat Maine, I
extrapolated that they, a much smaller but quicker team, would also
beat BU for the championship.  In the end, I was proven right but only
after one knock down, drag out hockey game.

Someone also mentioned the '93 Championship game between Maine and LSSU.
Some may consider this to be a great game but I think of it as
a tragedy.  A group of us watched the game at my house.  I literally
went to the bathroom while LSSU was up by two goals and came out when
they were down by one (please don't ask what took me so long) :-).
I was crushed.

--
Matt Wickey                                 LSSU '86
CIMLINC Inc.                                National Champs 88 92 94