Sender:
From:
Carl Streeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 09:22:05 -0600
To: Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
On Sat, 2 Dec 1995, Pam Sweeney wrote:

> Michigan Tech got overlapping 5-minute majors?!?  Yow!  So they  had to
> play 2 men short for 4:43.  I'd think they'd be happy to have only given up
> two goals (and only one during the 2-man).  That must have been an awfully
> blatant crosscheck to get five minutes when there was already a man in the
> box with a major.  Is that the opinion of the people who saw it?

Definitely.  He crosschecked a man right into the boards.  Never saw 'im
coming.  If I needed video of a textbook 5 minute crosscheck, I'd
probably use that one.

Actually, if I needed video of a textbook 5 minute checking from behind,
I'd use the one right before it.  Both were incredibly stupid penalties
to take IMO.

Carl Streeter                     |  "I'll forgive even GNU emacs as long
[log in to unmask]          |     as gcc is available" --Linus Torvalds
Just another Perl hacker          |  "You've got a body in the garage, minus
Ask me about Debian/GNU Linux.    |     a head.  Take me to it."  --The Wolf