Sender:
From:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 14:56:54 -0400

 > Come on people, hockey is a physical game.  It's not golf.
 > Fighting happens to be something that comes along with the game.
 > What's the drawback of fighting?  They're grown men.  If they want
 > to fight, LET 'EM FIGHT!!

Name another sport that allows fighting, excluding sports that *are*
fighting, of course.  Fight in Basketball, you're out of there.
Football, you're out of there.  Baseball, you're out of there.
Soccer, you're out of there.  Get the idea?

The sport of hockey is about putting the puck in the net.  Fighting
does *not* belong.  If I want to watch people fight, I'll tune in to a
Boxing match, where the combatants actually know *how* to fight.

-Alan Harder
 Go Blue!

The above commentary, which does not *even* represent the opinion of
the American Mathematical Society, is sold by weight, not by volume.
Some settling of the contents may have occurred during shipping.