Sender:
From:
Jeff Przech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 20:46:16 +0000
I'll take the heat for that 'Taylor's the best' claim. I errantly said
 that I had seen every goalie in HE at least once - I forgot about
Legault. Anyone who follows the schedule knows that BC has yet to face
Merrimack. I suppose whoever wrote that this would be a good measure of
 who's better is right. We have three games between Friday and March 3rd
to figure out that question.

I'll agree that Legault's numbers are better. And if you want to judge
a goalie by save %, that's fine. I just don't think it's accurate.
Taylor has let up a lot of goals that just weren't his fault. Eagle
defenders have not been able to consistently clear out people down low.
Thus, Taylor has been subjected to a LOT of rebounds. Quite often, he'll
make a three save flurry, but nobody's perfect.

Greg does have an unfortunate tendency to let his emotions affect his
game. His ten minute misconduct against UNH is testament to that. But
like Mr. Machnik said, when Taylor is on, it's tough to find anyone
better. There's been lots of talk lately about Taylor dipping his feet
in the NHL free agent waters. I for one hope it's just that - talk.

-Jeff
BC '96  GO EAGLES!