Sender:
From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 15:30:32 EST
Carol Singer writes (about College Hockey Magazine):

>Articles include:
>
>8) UVM player Steve McKell's column

This raises a question I was going to ask before... I remember the NC$$
getting itself in a royal stew when Christian Laettner wrote a few columns
for some newspaper/magazine during basketball season at Duke a few years
ago, and I was wondering if McKell might possibly be facing the same issues.
I assume he's not getting paid for this column?  Anyone know what the NC$$'s
"official" take is on an athlete (at least one on scholarship, which I'm
guessing McKell is) writing a column for a national publication?  My opinion
is that they shouldn't care as long as the athlete isn't getting paid for it
(actually, my opinion is that they shouldn't care anyway), but they've been
known to come after athletes for other seemingly picayune things in the
past...

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and '94.5               |  [log in to unmask]
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"Top Ten San Diego Charger Excuses:
"6.  If only we'd had Shapiro and Cochran on defense."
-- David Letterman, "Late Show with David Letterman"