Sender:
From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 1995 06:55:54 -0500
I was quite surprised that when I read the weekend's Hockey-L messages,
I didn't see any message about the following.  This may mean 1) It is
wrong or 2) I missed the message.  Anyway, the 2/3/95 Hockey News
reported on page 30 that Kyle Ferguson of MTU is transferring to RPI.

The following is quoted from the Tom Boggie article:

Kyle Ferguson, who made headlines after he was cut by Michigan Tech
coach Bob Mancini in November, transferred to RPI.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound right winger, who scored 13 goals in two years
at Michigan Tech, began classes at RPI in the second week of January
and will become eligible in the second semester of the 1995-96 season.

After being cut early in November, Ferguson had a confrontation with
the Michigan Tech coach, grabbing Mancini by the sweater.

Ferguson will major in environmental engineering at RPI, where he will
be reunited with Junior teammate Mike Tamburro, the Engineers's No. 1
goalie.  Ferguson and Tamburro both played Jr. A hockey in Wexford,
Ont.

<end quote>

I assume that Ferguson will be able to play 1 1/2 years at RPI, that is
through the end of the 96-97 season.  It will be good for RPI to get
some people into this essentially nonexistant class to even out the
years.

Does anyone have any further information on Ferguson?  Has he been
drafted by the NHL?

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74