Sender:
From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 1994 10:50:20 -0400
When I started at RPI in 1964, RPI always played their alma mater
before the start of the third period after the teams had returned to the
ice.  I think that the rink was darkened and the team stood on the blue
line.  (I don't know what the other team did at this time.)  I don't
remember when, but the NC$$ started giving delay-of-game penalties for
this practice.  At this time RPI started to play the alma mater before
the teams returned which in my opinion diminished the effect greatly
because most people weren't at their seats.  I do not know the current
rule or RPI's current practice, but certainly others do.  I also can't
recall ever hearing the other team's alma mater played.

Ralph Baer  RPI '68, '70, '74