Sender:
From:
"G.M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 1994 08:32:00 EST
The Holy Saturday version of the 1994 Totally Unofficial Hockey-L Prediction
Contest, straight from the very tired home office (actually, the real home o
office) in Haslett, MI (a snotty little suburb just east of East Lansing).

Once again, I'll list the current points and the maximum possible.  This one's
going to be real easy.  If the difference is 8, then the person has either BU
or LSSU in the final (should be 61 people).  Otherwise they had somebody else
(most likely, Michigan).

20 points/28 maximum: Wayne Smith, Greg Gdowski, Thomas Rowe, Sean Hames,
                      Tony Viglione, Tyler Cyr

19/27: Brian Frankie, Chris Paine, Bill Fenwick, Tim Newman, Chris Lerch,
       Dave Nicolai, Craig Mitchell

18/26: Dan Neely, J. Panch, Dave Elwell, Ross Bracco, Dean Barker, Bob
       Constantine

17/25: Ron Sperber, Davoud Zahedi, Zach Davis, Richard Snipes, Glen Keeney,
       Mark Johnson, George Line

16/24: Mark Grassl, William Niefert, A. Sheetz, Rob Callum

15/23: ME, Bill Link, Bri Farenell, Chris Boston, Joe Tosh, Jeff Old, Dan Lumin,
       Eric Robinson

14/22: Andrew Rapoff, Tom Clarke, Steve Nieman, S. Arnie Johnson, David Wein-
       berg, Eugene Shen, Robert Mayville

14/14: Tim Harrison, John Eda

xxxx Edwards, John Forsyth, Doug Peterson

13/21: Daniel Fischer, Kevin Erskine, Michael Feinstein

13/13: Matt Bruce, Alex Relyea, John Davenport, Tark Matthews, Kenneth Jaslow

12/20: Brian Zive, Stephanie Dines, Willis Lam, Joel Graber

12/12: Scott Preadmore, Chris Morgan, Laura Myott, Glenn Gale, Steve Philbrick,
       Tony Biscardi, Mike Gilbert, Chris Dietrich, Rick Taft, Debbie Somers,
       Rob Holmes, Tom Hancock, Anne Gilbert, Steve Allen-Shinn, Matt Evans,
       Dave Naghski

11/19: Eric Maiwald, Dan Kallman, Brian Gentry, Sam Nichols, Matt Schechter

11/11: Kevin Yetman, Lloyd Hsu, James Old, John Hauessler, Nicholas Strangas,
       Andrew Peed, Kap, Steve Glaze, Wendy Istvanick

10/18: Jim Baines, Jeffrey Kelly, Michael Alpert

10/10: John Hughes, Tim Danehy, Steve Phillips, Walt Olson, Matt Glaccum, Tim
       McIntosh, John Meier, Mike McAlear, David O'Hara, Robert Vandergraaf

9/17: Rich Boehme, Charles O'Brien

9/9: Joe Dintino, Charlie Shub, Mark Wagner, Robert Whitaker, Kristen Robinson,
     Ed Priest, Rick Feldhoff, Kevin Reester, Steve Manning

8/8: Harvey Sernovitz, Paul Barber

7/7: Lee Klancher, Patrick Blake, Matt Rein, Dave Hendrickson, Robert Thielke,
     John Nash, Bruce Seely/Dean Woodbeck

6/6: Jayson Moy, Paul Merchant, Russell Jaslow, Andrew Wagner

5/5: Greg Berge, Paul Armstrong, Mike Machnik

4/4: Brain Albrecht

(add Tim Johnson to the 7/7 group)

Actually, there are 62 people who have either BU or LSSU winning it all (I just
can't count). Of those people, 23 (37.10%) have LSSU, while 39 (62.90%) have
BU.  Of those who actually picked the LSSU-BU matchup (39), the numbers are
slightly different.  17 (43.59%) picked the Lakers to win it all, while 22
(56.41%) picked the Terriers.

Since I picked the Lakers to win it all, of course I'm cheering for Lake St.
tonight.  A Laker win also makes my job easier, as only one of the 6 people
who have been perfect in the tournament so far has the Lakers winning tonight.
The other 5 have BU.

The computer for comarison:
                TCHCR  14/22
                CHODR  11/19
           (Both have the Terriers, as neither predicted LSSU's win over
                                Michigan)

BTW, who the hell won the Hobey?  I can't find anything in the paper!

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University- Contest Central
WVU '87, UTenn '92, MSU who the hell knows when?

Duke and Arkansas tonight, the Hogs win it all on Monday (so Clinton will be
happy, until he gets back to Washington and finds out Whitewater still hasn't
gone away)