From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2011 22:50:08 +0000
Ferris State wins their second game, 5-1 over St. Lawrence.

My box score might not be perfect since I was watching a football game and hockey game at the same time.  It made it difficult to keep up with the fine details in either game.

I think SLU needs to stay out of the penalty box.  The crowd was unhappy with some of the penalties called but I think SLU needs to work at not committing them.  Gunner Hughes took a 5 min major and game misconduct at the end of the first period.  It seemed like most folks (announcers, fans and newspaper reporter) thought the penalty was too harsh.

First Period:
1:50 - FSU - Kane from Thompson
Saves:
SLU - Moss - 9
FSU - Mott - 8

Second Period:
4:20 - FSU - Bonis - 5 x 3 PP
11:42 - SLU - Martin from Carey and Flanagan - PP
14:19 - FSU - Ouellette PP
Saves:

SLU - Moss - 5

FSU - Mott - 15