From:
"Richard P. Boehme" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard P. Boehme
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1993 09:45:26 -0400
To the Hockey-L'ers

I remember while attending RPI in 1982-86 that we would frequently have
Canadian colleges come down to play against RPI in the 'preseason'.  It
was pretty much a given that we won those games, usually by some pretty
lopsided margins, probably because we were one of the better US college
teams during that time.  I particularly remember the first game after
(ignore after) of the 1985-86 when we hosted the University of Toronto.
Toronto had just won the Canadian College Championship the previous winter
and RPI was coming off of the 1984-85 NCAA championship.  The game was
hyped (at least on campus) as the battle between the defending national
champions and to be a true test of that season's Engineer team.  When
the game was played, RPI ended up winning by something like 12-2!

With that intro out of the way, has anybody any recollection of Canada's
#1 going against USA's #1 college teams?  Also, how do Canadian schools
fare against their US rivals?  From what I can tell, the US schools
historically do better because the Canadian schools lose a lot of their
potential player pool to the higher level juinior leagues.

I'm curious about some sort of compilation of US-Canada matchups, so if
anybody has some, please let me know!

Rich Boehme                     RPI '86
[log in to unmask]         Go Go Go You Red Red Red
                                Fight Fight Fight You White White White!