Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1993 18:19:02 -0500
Dan Orchard-hays wrietes:

>>Clarkson would have a tiebreaker edge over SLU and Yale. they would
>>also have one over Brown should the Knights beat Brown next saturday.
>>What is Brown's record vs the (current) ECAC top 4? Clarkson is 1-2-1
>>(with two meetings pending). RPI would have to lose both games and CU
>>would have to win both for the Knights to have a shot at second place.
>>what is RPI's record vs the top 4?

>RPI is 1-1 with Harvard, they've lost to Yale and face them next weekend, and
>they're 1-1 with Clarkson.  However, I really don't see how CU could take
>second place since RPI is playing Yale next week, and as far as I know Yale
>is right now in third place with Brown in second.  RPI is  also 1-1 against
>Brown.  If RPI ties one game this weekend, they clinch second place.  If Yale
>does beat RPI, then I would assume that they would be a clinch for second or
>third, depending on how Brown does, since they would play Union at home on
>Saturday night.  Brown is playing quite well right now and they have a good
>chance at second should RPI stumble and lose both games this weekend.

>So, Bri, I hate to disappoint you, but barring a MAJOR upset by Union over
>Yale, I would have to say that Yale would beat out Clarkson for second place if
>the situation arose.  I know that Yale has tied Harvard and beaten RPI once,
>but I'm not sure how they've fared against Clarkson.  If CU has beaten them
>twice then I suppose Clarkson stands a remote shot at second.  I guess I need
>to check the head-to-head tables.

Actually, Clarkson would be out Yale in any tiebreaker. (read my post
you quoted). Clarkson went 1-0-1 against Yale this year and that's the
1st tiebreaker. If Clarkson wins both games next weekend, they would finish
in 3rd since Brown's max would be 28 pts, yale's would be 29 and Clarkson
would end up with 29. RPI would clinch second with a win or tie against
Yale or Princeton. Yale has one tough game next weekend while CU has
two but CU has the advantage of controlling its own destiny by playing
one of the teams it's chasing.

SUMMING IT UP
Games left
---------
Brown 26 pts:   at home against SLU and Clarkson
Clarkson 25 pts: at Harvard and Brown
Yale 25 pts:    at home against RPI and Union
SLU 24 pts:     at Brown and Harvard

I will take any response to this off-line since it is mostly
of a speculative "i think so and so has an advantage." nature

BRI