From:
"Hampton, Nathan E." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 2014 23:48:00 +0000
Granted every series is a two game series at someone's home rink, but what if it were a two game hone-and-home series (suppose Tech and No. Michigan - though they would play a four game series). Then why not the most accumulated points? But in their foresight, maybe the rules committee figured only the two-there and two-here would make sense as a tie breaker (four games of knowledge and adjustment), and outside of that, then go with the team that would best represent the league based on league record.

I suppose you are right, but I have been wrong so many times, that is no consolation.

Nathan