From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2012 13:46:51 -0500
According to a current story about the country's most prosperous state,
residents of two years ago who were emotionally tied to "honoring" the
Sioux name may be in the minority before long and alternative names that
could give historic recognition to more recent losers of battles might
include "Fighting Farmers" or "Fighting Housewives".

Fear grows in N.D. Oil Patch
http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/article/id/154230/group/Opinion/

In part ...
"Reporters for western North Dakota newspapers broke a story this week
that is yet another indication of the fraying of the social fabric of
the west's farming and ranching communities because of the boom in the
Oil Patch. Ashley Martin of The Dickinson Press and Lauren Donovan of
the Bismarck Tribune wrote of sharp increases in sales of self-defense
weapons, primarily purchased by women.
"In addition, women in unprecedented numbers are signing up for
self-defense courses and/or even hosting home parties to learn how to
use self-defense devices. More than 200 women attended a recent hands-on
self-defense class in Watford City, the Tribune reported."

Hope the Sioux don't get caught in the crossfire.

Bob Griebel