From:
Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 17:25:47 -0500
At 12-7-2011 02:58 PM, Carol White wrote:
>PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. - NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman says there is not
>enough data yet to draw conclusions about the link between concussions and
>a degenerative brain ailment that has been found in four dead hockey players.

Substitute 'tobacco' for 'concussions' and 'cancer' for 'degenerative
brain ailment' - sounds familiar.  There may not be evidence that
/this/ hit to the head caused /that/ brain lesion.  But certainly
there is enough evidence across sports to figure out that there's
something going on.  There's a reason it's called 'pugilistic dementia'.

>The reason I LOVE College Hockey is that they DO NOT ALLOW
>fighting!  But I  know lots of hockey fans do like it and I don't know why...

You 'n' me both.

Joe
--
Joe Makowiec can be reached at: