From:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 19:38:19 -0400
Will Devine wrote:
> The television replay showed that the puck crossed the line before the
> whistle blew, although just barely.  The original call made by the ref was
> that the goal didn't count, but it was changed after review.

If I were with SLU, I would have protested the game if that is the
actual grounds for changing the ruling.  Stoppage of play by the
official is not one of the allowed grounds for video review -- see pages
HR-78 and HR-79 of this season's playing rules.

Mind you, I'd be in favor of the timing of the whistle being subject to
review, but it's not in the rules and Colgate was famously denied an
overtime goal in the Albany regional several years back because of a
supposedly early whistle by Fitzy (when it appeared to this observer
that the puck was in the net before the whistle, although I was at the
other end of the ice).