From:
"Teresco, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 90 12:02:00 EDT
	About the possible move to Div 1 for Union. Some of the concerns that
have been expressed are that the program may get out of control. They do not
want to start accepting students only because they play hockey. Many feel that
the only way to be competeitive at the Division I level would be a letting the
hockey players slide academically. How does everyone at Div I schools feel
about this? Do you think that the hockey players at your schools keep up
academically with other students? There was an editorial against the idea in
the last issue of the school paper. I'll dig up the article and send in some of
their reasons. It was the last issue before the winter break, so no response
has been sent in yet. It will be interesting to see the debate in the Letters
to the editor in January.
	As far as I know the players like the idea. Some would probably be
bumped out of starting jobs, as the new recruits would be Div I players.

Jim