From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:02:05 -0500
Eric Burton <[log in to unmask]> wrote

> Minnesota is not the strongest team in the WCHA. Second I'd still take
> that bet because your league is not a power league, ECAC team do not scare

> most WCHA teams. SCSU could go into Lynah and beat the big red. Sorry Your
> champions in a league that is below WCHA, CCHA, and HE in strenght. I
> think this why Vermont leaving the ECAC for the HE next season, they want
> to be able to have scholarships and play in a more competative league.

Thanks for the laugh.  Is that the same SCSU team that lost twice to RPI in
Troy in 03-04?  Actually, it appears to be a significantly poorer SCSU team
than the one that lost twice to RPI.  Sadly, the atmosphere at RPI's HFH
doesn't compare to that at Lynah, and sadly even though RPI wasn't bad in
03-04, that team was nowhere near as good as the 04-05 Cornell team.  As one
who has despised Cornell from the days in the 1960's when they had the team
that should have been at RPI, it pains me to say that whether or not WCHA
teams take ECAC teams seriously, SCSU wouldn't have a prayer in Ithaca
unless Ithaca College starts a team again.

P.S. UVM gives scholarships already although admittedly the HE is currently
a superior league to the ECAC.

Ralph Baer