From:
drakelore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:19:46 -0500
Well, I must say that coming out of the bar after the game is much more
pleasant now as when I step out the door in January, I am not met with
that sobering icy wind in my face.  Instead I get a nice sometimes cool
tropical breeze.  (Not that that is all good.  Depending on how much I
have had to drink, that sobering cold wind can be helpful before you
drive home!)

Oh, yeah, hockey.  Well, I was not very impressed with the Gophers on
Friday night.  they just were not moving their feet, and the Tech
goalie was just "on."  Tech was really protecting their net too.  The
Gopher defense needed a little help.  It was hard to watch.

Now Saturday started out better.  At least from what I could tell on
the radio.  (Decided to stay home and listen this time.)

 From the sound of it, it was an up and down game.  The Gophs made a few
flurries.  But in the end, Tech just seemed to work harder and ended up
winning.

It's not like the Gophers are not in the games.  But it just seems that
their feet just are not moving as fast lately, and the puck is just not
bouncing in the right places.  Saw a lot of pucks jump over sticks on
Friday night.

The season is not over yet.  And this team has not been consistent all
year.  They are very young, and I think they are doing a lot better
than anyone expected.

Well, I am going to go back and finish the crab legs my friend sent
home with me from Key West.

Everyone stay warm!

Kathy M.
Go Gophers!