From:
"D. B. Doucette" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:38:13 -0500
Reading in the Boston Globe how much Jack Parker, hockey coach, was
PERSONALLY involved in so many details of the construction and fit-out of
that new facility, I guess I would therefore put responsibility for these
two issues squarely on his shoulders.

My comment on the "no second team" depiction:  following the logic in your
observation, it would be like having a captain named for every line that
steps on the ice.  And, interestingly enough, some teams do exactly that
with "tri captains" or a with a captain and two "A"s, but not ALL teams.

I do imagine, though, the hardware associated with a player being named
second team all-American is somewhere around that end of Commonwealth Ave.
and could go on display to the public.

BTW, what's the over/under on naming the ice sheet the "Parker Rink at the
Agganis Arena" (like Kelley Rink at Conte Forum or the "Coach K court" at
Cameron Indoor)

Dan