From:
Clay Satow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:36:04 -0800
--- Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If the hosting venue is holding a National Hockey League playoff game
> within the week of the NCAA Championship and the professional team's
> logo cannot be removed from center ice without compromising the quality
> of the playing surface, the center ice professional team logo can remain
> on the ice but will be covered with NCAA marks in the television
> broadcast through virtual technology.  The host institution/venue would
> bear the cost of such virtual technology

Interesting assumptions here:

1.  That there will be an NHL in 2007.

2.  That the Frozen Four will be televised.

Funny, but I fail to see that the logo for the NCAA is any less offensive than the logos for the
Blues or the Avalanche.  And will the four commercials near the center ice faceoff circles be
virtually covered in by pictures of the 350,000 student athletes who are going to be professional
in something other than pro sports?

Clay