From:
Moller Edward N <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Moller Edward N <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:48:08 -0400
Tomorrow morning we are attending a bat mitzvah, with the reception in
the evening.  This is highly problematic for the celebrants, who are Red
Sox season ticket holders.  It is my understanding that there will be
many TV sets at the reception hall tomorrow night.  I also have a black
tie affair scheduled for Thursday evening at 6:00 (I am quite the bon
vivant), which is Game 5.  I plan on leaving right at 8pm.

Mandatory college hockey content:  I was unable to attend the 1997
Frozen Four because my cousin's son was celebrating his bar mitzvah that
day.  I spent the entire reception at the bar watching the game on ESPN.
I don't know who was more upset that day -- me watching my Terriers lose
to NoDak, or the boy's parents watching me spend the entire reception at
the bar.

The fact of the matter is that there are few things in life that matter
more than the Red Sox.  Come to think of it, I can't think of anything
that matters more than the Red Sox.  Just as in six degrees of
separation, everything in life connects back to the Red Sox, even
Hockey-L.  Did you know that there is a long-standing subscriber to this
list whose father was the executor of Tom Yawkey's estate?  I am
convinced that if the Red Sox ever do win the World Series,
Massachusetts will sink into the ocean.

Edward N. Moller
Controller and Assistant Treasurer
Mount Ida College