From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:58:44 -0800
<-----Original Message----->
>>From: Greg Ambrose

>>Tell me, is Don in some sort of Hall of Fame (RPI, ECAC, etc.)? If
not, he
>>deserves to be!

I don't think Don is in any sort of Hall of Fame. However, I can bring
you up todate.

Don retired from his Travel Agency business in Troy several years ago.
At the same time he gave up his job as PA announcer at all RPI home
games (as well as NCAA games at the Knick/Pepsi when RPI was host
school). Don moved to his retirement home on the Finger lakes in Central
NY.

Prior to this year's Big Red Freakout against Clarkson in February,
there was a ceremony celebrating the 50th anniversary of RPI's 1954
national championship team. Eleven of the original fourteen members of
the team (1 couldn't make it and 2 others have passed away) as well as
head coach Ned Harkness were honored. And Don was brought back to Troy
to do the honors of introducing the 1954 team much to the delight of the
sellout crowd.

It seemed to be as special a night to Don as it was to the 1954 team
members. It was certainly a treat for the fans, especially those of us
who have been around "a few years".

Today, Don is a lurker and oft times participant on the RPI sports
listserver