From:
Karen Heasley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Heasley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:00:40 -0600

> I believe the channel referred to is part of the Sports Pack that is
> available through DirecTV. For $12 additional per month, you can receive the
> Sports Pack, which includes CSTV and just about all of the Fox affiliated
> regional sports networks. They carry quite a few college hockey games, and
> I was able to watch all of the playoff games last year through this
> package-well worth the additional $$.

Behind on mail as always... :)

Since I moved to St. Louis a year ago, I've had DirecTV (costs the same as
analog cable from Charter) and it's been great being able to still watch
some college games. I usually cheat on the fee they charge for Sports Pack,
though. Last year, such as the weekends when CC played Minnesota and Wisconsin
and the games were broadcast on FSN North, I would go online Friday afternoon,
enable Sports Pack, and then Sunday take it back off. The result would be
that I'd only have to pay about $3 for the time I had it turned on. :) I did
have it turned on for about a week and a half during the league championships
and the national playoffs. From all the regional network coverage, sometimes
I was able to flip between 4 different games, driving my fiance (now husband;
we got married a month ago) nuts. :) It was nice to be able to watch other
teams besides just CC or the WCHA.

--
Karen Heasley
Colorado College '95