From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 05:35:50 -0400
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In reviewing the recently posted Maine schedule, it is hard to
>notice a considerable games against the MAAC teams.  This is good,
>IMHO. Are the ohter eastern teams showing an increase in MAAC
>teams on their schedule?

Well it looks like there has been an infinite percentage increase in
games between the established leagues and the MAAC. :-)

Seriously, perusing the schedules that are up on USCHO, it looks like
some teams have scheduled games vs the MAAC teams, but most haven't.
As you probably know already RPI is playing Quinnipiac and Holy
Cross in the upcoming year.  By the way the PWR rating is calculated,
playing and beating a top MAAC team can be very beneficial.  On the
other hand, losing to a poor one could be disastrous.  I am still
trying to decide if RPI scheduled these two teams because they
expected them to be at the top of the MAAC or that is just how things
fell out.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74