Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:27:18 -0500
As a former Union Hockey Player (97) I am finding some of the comments
being made by fans and alumni a little discouraging.  I think that there
should be more emphasis placed on keeping the program in the ECAC, and it
sounds like that will happen.  Just because the team has struggled this
year and last year, it doesn't mean the team is destined to finish in the
basement every year.  Two of the four years I played at Union we had strong
season's with the same financial aid policies which exist today.  And I
think there is a strong core of underclassmen on the team right now.

Don't get me wrong though, I am a strong advocate of getting some sort of
preferential packaging / scholarships for the team.  Without this,
recruiting will certainly remain a challenge, but have faith in the
coaching staff.  With continual support, I think eventually Roger Hull may
be proned to change some of these policies.

See you this weekend.  Let's try and give the graduating seniors a great
send off.

Ryan
computer.