From:
Bret Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:16:26 -0400
I'd like to make a quick comment about the Walsh marriage story based on
the original post, AW's comments and Kevin Ames' question.  As some
people know Shawn Walsh was an assistant at Michigan State (MSU) for
many years in the 1980's.  He then moved on to Maine and subsequently
married MSU Head Coach Ron Mason's daughter.  Many in the Spartan Hockey
community have assumed than when/if Ron Mason ever retires that Shawn
would be the heir apparent to teh MSU job, assuming he'd want it. So, it
struck me as news to see he was remarrying, since I didn't know the
first marriage ended.

I'm glad it (the news of remarrying) happened in August, so us Spartan
fans can continue speculating who'll be the new coach if Coach Mason
ever leaves.

Bret Marr
Okemos, MI