From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 00:28:43 -0400
>4.      Now,  UNO last year.   Good question.   D-2 in all other sports,  right
>(I've forgotten)?   Despite the fact that they started the program from
>scratch and scheduled mostly,  or all,  D-1 teams,  they were probably
>still technically D-2 since they had not completed their probation.

I believe they were called an "emerging Div I program." UNO is Div-2 in all
other sports. I believe they get all the advantages and disadvantages of
being a Div I program, and I also believe they did or can give out all 18
scholarships. The only thing that matters either way is whether they got the
waiver making them eligible for the tourney this year or not, which I think
they should since Mankato St. got one last year (and that wouldn't sit well
here in Omaha if they got one and we don't, even if in all likelyhood it
won't matter).