From:
Joel Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joel Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 09:05:55 -0500
On Fri, 29 May 1998, Craig Roberts wrote:

> The NCAA's rule pertaining to Major Junior players is that they must not have
> received any remuneration except for room and board.  If they have done so, they
> are not eligible.  However, if they did not receive money, the penalty for
> having played is that the player must sit out the same number of years and games
> as the number of games he played in Major Junior.
>
> Christopher played one game and hence had to sit out one year and one game.  A
> player playing two games would have to sit out two years and two games.
> Eligibility is lost for players who fall under this rule (Christopher had just
> three years of eligibility at Mankato State).

Are you sure about the number of years lost being equivalent to the number
of games played?  Maverick goaltender Kendall Sidoruk played eight games
of Major Junior and I'm fairly certain he hasn't lost eight years of
eligibility...  He did sit one year and eight games, tho...

Joel

Joel Mack ([log in to unmask])                         Omaha, NE
Home Page: http://www.tconl.com/~jmack
The UNOfficial UNO Maverick Hockey Home Page:
   http://www.mavhockey.com