From:
Kirk Eisenbeis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kirk Eisenbeis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 14:38:09 -0600
On Sun, 14 Dec 1997, Russ Bone wrote:

> >        And the ECAC awards the Scotty Whitelaw Trophy similarly.  But
> >in the WCHA,  it's the regular   season champ who gets  the McNaughton
> >Cup.  (I forget now whether it's shared in case of a tie...)
>

> In the case of a tie in the WCHA, the MacNaughton Cup is shared (though I
> don't know the details of how this is worked out between the teams) as it
> was this past season between North Dakota and Minnesota.  The winner of the

UND & Minnesota are both listed (on separate nameplates) as 1997
champions on the MacNaughton Cup.  We're on a timesharing thing with
Minnesota.  It is on display in the library.

(North Dakotans: go check it out, it's here through December I think--it
has a good historic story behind it, and "is larger than the Stanley
Cup.")