From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 17:19:02 -0400
<Personally, as an Islander fan, I'm just a little puzzled at this.  I think
>Lacouture's upside is much higher than Czerkawski's .... but I guess theIsles
>figured they needed some scoring help now, rather than another
>Bertuzzi-like
>project.

I was going to post this snippet anyway, since I think it is interesting
regarding Lacouture's character.  I get the impression that he might just
be a little cocky, but I haven't seen him play that much, and certainly
don't have the insights that others do regarding his limited tenure at BU.

From this morning's ugggh, errr, NY Post.  (I only read the sports pages.)

Isles gain 26 goals in Oiler deal (excerpts)
by Marc Berman

(article mainly about Czerkawski and expected berth on the Isle's second
line)

Milbury no longer wanted any part of Lacouture, a grinder-type forward who
left BU and planned to play in juniors with Seattle.  That forced
Milbury's hand as Lacouture became an unrestricted free agent.  Milbury
said Lacouture asked for "exorbitant" numbers.

From the gist of the article, it doesn't appear that Lacouture was too
serious about earning his degree.

Brian Morris                RPI Engineers-only 54 days
[log in to unmask]   Also an Islanders fan