From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 12:06:01 -0400
On 14 Oct 96 at 6:21, Eric Carlson wrote:

> I only just started sending the UAF boxes this season courtesy of
> the University of Alaska Fairbanks Department of Athletics and their
> sports information director, Scott Roselius.  I sent penalties with
> times to Info-Hockey-L and US College Hockey Online cut them out or
> received the box from a different source.  We also have the players
> for the game and underlined starters.  On Saturday I sent them on
> Friday I didn't.  At least last year the CCHA boxes at their web
> site only included goal information.

That's right, USCHO does cut out the penalties from the box scores,
as does USA Today I believe.

The reasons are fairly simple.  It's much easier for some SID to
compile the full box score, but when USCHO receives it either online
or via fax it has be reformated to fit the page.  Now when you
consider the shear number of box scores, the time saved by cutting
out the penalties is immense.  This is key when only ONE person is in
charge of boxscores (usually).

> I believe if they aren't already, that many schools would be willing
> to put US College Hockey Online on the fax list for the boxes.  I
> believe ours are already sent directly to all the local media
> respresentatives, the USA Today, and to me for the UAF ice hockey
> web site.

This is true.  We've had a great response from many of the SID's
already, and some coaches are even telling our writers that they are
reviewing the site.  It's a fun project, no doubt about that.
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Editor, US College Hockey Online
USCHO:  http://www.uscollegehockey.com