From:
Karen Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 1996 12:03:28 -0500
In my previous comments regarding Fowkes and McBride, I incorectly identified
Mr. Rich Fowkes as Mr. Bob Fowkes.  My humble apologies to Mr. Bob.  My
intent in these comments is not to cite their officiating (or lack of same)
because they somehow screwed the Wildcats out of a win.  I also umpire, at
the Little League level (where the fans, i.e. parents, can be brutal) and
know that it is a thankless task sometimes.  My criticisms stem from
observations of this pair reffing games not only involving UNH but those
where I have no emotinal involvement at all.  They are out of shape, out of
position and inconsistent in their calls.  They are clearly at the bottom
rung of the HE ladder.  We'll see how many games they do after the
quarterfinals of the HE playoffs.

Greg Ambrose, UNH '72
(we hope MM is right!)