From:
Leigh Torbin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leigh Torbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 17:52:02 -0400
        While on the subject of Two-sport hockey players, I'll add UMass
defenseman Brian Corcoran to the list. In addition to a solid two year
run with the hockey team (which landed him a minor league deal with
Anaheim), Corky made in even bigger impact on the football field. The
6'2" 247 pound defensive end was named the Yankee Conference's
Defensive Player of the Year, and a I-AA All-American. Corky led the
league with 13 sacks, and then football opponents BU, UNH, Northeastern,
Maine and Holy Cross, also got to see what 247 pounds can do on the ice.
Corky came to UMass for football (the hockey program was nonexistant
aat the time after-all), but it is on the ice where he will continue in the
Ducks system.

Leigh