Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 1995 12:23:46 EDT
Nothing compared with Drew Bledsoe, but former PC forward Mike Boback
signed a contract with the Phoenix (Roadrunners?) of the IHL worth
a reported 110,000.  Mike had played the past two seasons at Portland,
where he earned a place in the record books and in our hearts as he
led the Portland Pirates with 10 goals and 17 assists in the impossible
playoff drive in 1994 which ended with the Pirates winning the Calder Cup
in their Inaugural Season.
Mike was one of my favorite players to watch in Hockey East, and I was
thrilled when he signed with Portland two years ago.  Now the fans of the
IHL can enjoy watching him.  Good luck Mike!

John Forsyth

The preceeding message was brought to you by the NCAA Committee on
Infractions.  Motto:  The Postal Service may be slow, but we're
still slower!