Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 91 19:31:32 EDT
Well, next year Clarkson will be getting yet another defenseman from Liverpool,
NY (where Dave Tretowicz is from) named Brian Mueller.  At least one source
has mentioned his excellence, and he is expected to be selected in the first
round of this year's NHL draft (approx. 13th).  Mueller is currently playing
for a prep school in Connecticut.

I have also heard that (and this is from only one source, so don't get your
hopes up yet) Janne Kekalainen, who played 9 games for Clarkson in 1989-90
and then returned home to Finland, has been talking to Clarkson about
returning.  Kekalainen had 18 points in those *8* games (not nine), and was
the Knights' leading scorer at the time.  He still finished in the top half
of the scorers list with just those 18 points in 89-90.

With Kekalainen, Hugo Belanger, Scott Thomas, and Craig Conroy, the Knights
have a pretty potent offense (even in Janne doesn't return, it's potent).
Mueller's ability combined with the experience of the other defensemen should
give us support at the point.  And who can overlook Chris Rogles, the ECAC
Goaltending Champion, along with backup Jason Currie?  With all this
talent and experience, I'm saying that Clarkson has a definite chance of a
repeat ECAC Championship, and a return to the NCAA Final Four, with better
results (and since it's in Albany in '92, I may get to see it).  Our major
rival in the league will most likely be St. Lawrence, who is losing only
2 regulars, most notably goalie Les Kuntar.

Having said this, watch Union College take it all in their first year...

Jeremy Hall
Clarkson University
LET'S GO TECH!!