From:
JEFF OLD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 May 1994 20:47:59 -0400
Here are some Laker notes I learned when I was home in SSM this week.
(and I've been signed off hockey-l for a week, so I apologize if this is
"old news").

Apparently a group in Sault Ste Marie has convinced Tim Allen to wear an LSSU
'94 National Champioship sweatshirt on his show "Home Improvement."  The
shirt has been sent to him and he will wear it during the filming of an
episode that will air this fall.   I think the show is set in suburban
Detroit, and he often wears shirts from area colleges (Central Michigan
University this week, and I have seen him wear Ferris and Tech shirts before).
It isn't full-blown national coverage, but any reference to college hockey
on a major network during prime time is at least a step in the right direction.
                                                                      :-)

On another topic, Michigan Governor John Engler visited the Soo this weekend to
congradulate the Lakers and announced that President Bill Clinton has invited
them to a Presidential visit at the White House.  LSSU president Arbuckle said
that the school could not afford the trip and if the team went, it would have
to be paid for by private donations.

Jeff Old
Alma College '96