From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 1994 10:56:07 CDT
John H writes:

>From the AP...

>        EASTERN COLLEGIATE ATHLETIC CONFERENCE--Announced
>that Penn State, Alvernia, Longwood and Waynesburg have been
>voted
>into the conference by the ECAC executive council.

>No immediate consequence to Div I hockey...but Penn State
>has the potential to go varsity sometime this decade.

  >John H
  >U Mich
 >How can they be in the Big Ten and ECAC?  What am I missing?
  >Are they only in the BT for football/basketball?

I saw this transaction too, and was confused for about five
minutes. I think the schools in question are part of the Penn State
system and have recently added the "Penn State" prefix, like
UMass-Lowell did a few years ago. The thing is, Longwood is
actually in Virginia. Go figure.

PSU (the big one) competes fully in the Big Ten.