From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 1994 10:09:56 -0500
I was hoping to see 4 good goalie performances--I only saw 1.

Lacher was a sieve, even worse than when the Falcons beat the Lakers in
BG this year. Reynolds was not as bad for NU, but he gave up fat
rebounds.  The last two Laker regulation goals were similar--shot it on
the ice, let Reynolds make the stick save, scoop up the rebound, skate
around the goalie, and hit the open net.

It was certainly the worst performance I've ever seen by Buzak. 13
saves.  He fell down on a breakaway, making the first Lowell goal a
gift.

Roloson was very good. But I could tell he was even slightly off. The
first goal (SHG for MSU) was going thru the crease and Rollie knocked
it in. But he was great down the stretch.

The Spartan offense was very impressive. Lowell must have gone into
their defensive shell, because they did not generate much offense in
the third.  What shots they did generate went wide of the net, for the
most part.

Finally, I had to laugh when the Detroit radio station reported on the
LSSU-NU game. He called it "a classic college hockey game". Hah! The
goaltending was below average at best, the defense was shaky (with
LSSU's atrocious at times), the passes and goals were sloppy. When the
GWG is scored from behind the net--is that classic??

Hoping for better hockey this afternoon.....

Keith