From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 1994 01:38:50 -0500
Tonight, in the Hockey East semi-finals at Boston Garden, Boston University
defeated Northeastern by a score of 5-2.

Well, there's not much I can say on this one.

Derek Herlofsky was very good, but was also VERY lucky at certain points in
time for BU in goal.

Although the shot totals were about even, the outcome was never in doubt as
BU took an early lead and never relinquished.

Jacques Joubert played an amazing third period for BU.

BU kept the tempo slow and methodical, gaining a lead and sitting on it.  NU
was unable to pick up the pace.  As a matter of fact, for the last 7-10
minutes of the game, BU just played dump and forecheck hockey (not dump and
chase).

It was sort of a booring game, but BU played smart and simply won the game.

As far as crowds go, the BU crowd was present, but dissapointingly quiet, while
the NU crowd was non-existent.  It was a little dissapointing on the crowd
front tonight (in the BU-NU game, the 5 PM one).

Well, not much else I can say about this one.  There were really no ebbs and
tide changes to the game.  BU showed up, won, and went home.  To be honest,
I thought the BU crowd made more noise during the Lowell/UNH game than the
BU/NU game.  Once most of the crowd had left, the 100 or so that were left were
more the rowdy, die-hard types... the types who wanted to see who BU was going
to play... the same crowd that was rooting on BU in the Beanpot Consolation
Game.  They weren't really cheering FOR one team, just for a good game.

Well, sorry there isn't more color to this summary, but it's accurate.

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre