From:
"Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 1994 11:53:52 -0500
Regarding the scoresheet incident at UCONN.  I noticed
that in our trip to the East two weeks ago, that the eastern
"folks" use a different format regarding the way the scoresheet
is handeled at the beginning and end of the game.  And....
as fara
far as I know there is no "rule" with regard to what the
format is.  Here's what I'm babling about.

The scoresheet is filled out at the "warmups" by visiting
team's coach first and he circles his starters and signs it.
Then the home team fills it out and circles his starters
and signs it.  Then the referees check it.

The coaches don't sign it after the game - the SHOULD be doing
it before the game - ONLY the refs and official scorer
handle it after the game.  I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE
ECAC EAST/DIV.II/III FOLKS HAVE THE COACH SIGN IT AFTER.
THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO DO THINGS A BIT DIFFERENT.

Now, if I'm wrong then the ECAC should get off it ASS
and SPELL OUT a proper format - sometime this century.
When they are done catching up with their D-I
paperwork and promotional crap.  Maybe they can take
it up at their "spring meetings".

#2   Coach Marshall is a class act - first class.
     If he lost his cool - it happens to the best of us -
     and the worst of us.  Lets all keep in mind that
     coaches are human too.