From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1993 16:05:35 EST
Steve T. writes:

>With Maine losing points........(Don't know how GF-GA would be figured out)
>And PC gaining points.....

I'm not sure what Hockey East would do with the GF-GA and the stats from the
forfeited games, but I'm guessing they would still be counted (the stats,
not the games).  I was looking over some info from the ECAC's 1985-86 season
last night (don't ask), and a similar situation developed that year with St.
Lawrence.  The Saints defeated Army (then an ECAC member, although not a
full-time one) early that season, and some weeks later, it was revealed that
one of the St. Lawrence players in that game had been ineligible.  The
Saints wound up forfeiting the game to Army, thus technically giving the
Cadets a 1-0 win, but the GF-GA remained unchanged.  The standings, of
course, were adjusted, and this forfeit wound up costing St. Lawrence
seventh place in the league and forcing them to take on eventual NC$$
runner-up Harvard in the quarterfinals.
--
Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and '94 (.5)            |  [log in to unmask]