From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1993 09:46:15 -0500
> >From Vardarajan R. Iyengar:
>
> >I am an avid Maine hockey fan who will be moving to Michigan in the
> >thick of the season.  When I was there a couple of weeks back, I was
> >disappointed with the hockey east coverage in the local papers in the
> >Ann Arbor area.
> >
> >Is there a newspaper that offers in-depth (hey, I'll even settle for
> >superficial) coverage of hockey east action (in the Detroit-Ann Arbor
> >area)?
>
> Yeah, it's called Hockey-L.
>
> Seriously, there isn't a paper that offers in-depth coverage of the CCHA in
> the Detroit-Ann Arbor area.  I doubt that they have even heard of Hockey
> East.
>
>   John H
>   U Mich
>
> P.S. Let me know if you come to any UMich games so we can meet.

I tried to reply to this yesterday, but messed it up, so I'll try again!
My first response was the same as John's.  Get Hockey-l cause thats where
all the best sources are! ;-)

But my suggestion to you and all others who leave the area of coverage of their
favorite team/league, is to inquire with the schools paper about a subscription.
I know the MTU lode offers subscription service, and if i was to move away from
where i could get hockey-l coverage, I would subscribe to it to keep up on
MTu and college hockey in general.

Bob

--- End Included Message -----