From:
Russell Jaslow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1993 10:13:11 EDT
>Kirk McCaskill, the pitcher for the Chicago White Sox, was an All-America
>hockey player at Vermont, and played a year or two in the Winnipeg Jets
>organization, but I don't believe he played hockey and baseball
>simultaneously; I think he gave up his hockey career and switched to
>playing baseball.

Orel Hershisher of the Los Angeles Dodgers was also an accomplished hockey
player as a youth.  He played for the Philadelphia Junior Flyers, which
I believe was a Junior B team at the time.  In fact the last time the
Dodgers were in the World Series, the Flyers owner treated his players to
a World Series game in LA when they were there to play the Kings because he
knew Orel from the Jr. Flyers days.

This is starting to bring up a very interesting trend.  So far 3 athletes
have been mentioned that might have had hockey careers, but decided to
pursue baseball instead.  All three are pitchers, and quite successful ones
at that.
Russell Jaslow         |Unofficial contact - Potsdam College Bears|My employer
Eastman Kodak Company  |Potsdam College - 1981 and 1986 NCAA Div. |has nothing
Rochester, New York    | III National Basketball Champions and    |to do with
[log in to unmask]  winners of 60 consecutive games!        |my drivel.
:wq