From:
Tim Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1993 11:23:09 EST
This has been bothering me about the ratings, including TCHCR, RPICH,
and CHODR.  How do you average the ratings of a team's opponents?
Do you use the ratings from the previous week?

Example:

Say Kent has a rating of 12.00 and OSU has a rating of 8.00 prior to
taking the average of the team's opponents.  Each team plays each other
once.

If you take the average of KSU's opponents (8.00), then average their
rating with their opponents rating (8+12) you get 10.
Now if you take the ave. of OSU opponents (10), then average their
rating with their opponents rating (8+10) you get 9.

NOW, if you did KSU's over again they would get a different number, along
with OSU.

I guess my question is, what order do you do your operations in?
Different orders give you different answers.

* Tim Harrison   *
* R3TLH          *
* AkronVM        *