From:
S Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
S Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1993 17:19:14 EST
My apologies for not including the statistics which I promised would end
my report on Saturday's St. Cloud State-NMU game.  By the time I got to
the end of my narrative, I forgot my promise.  If anyone cares at this
date, send me a private message and I'll dig out the stats from Sunday's
Mining Journal.

Two points relative to the Wildcats' sweep of the Huskies: as a result
of the Denver sweep of North Dakota (I was under the earlier impression
that the Fighting Sioux has split with DU), there is a FOUR-way tie for
fourth place in the WCHA now, with NMU, SCS, MTU, and DU all having 25
points.  However, St. Cloud is at a bit of a disadvantage; it's already
played 26 games to accumulate its 25 points, while the other three teams
have played only 24.

The other point is that the Wildcats have now won all four season series
with those teams with whom they've concluded the regular season
(North Dakota, Minnesota, Colorado College, and St. Cloud).  They won
the series outright in the case of CC (3-1) and UND (2-1-1); they split
the game outcomes with the Gophers (1-1-2) and the Huskies (2-2) but
scored more total goals in both series.  Given how tight the WCHA
standings are between #3 and #8, those tie-breakers may loom large
indeed.

Wildcat rejuvenation: wins in 11 of last 16, 7 of last 10, 4 of last 5,
last 3 straight.  :-)

 *  Steve Christopher, NMU  [log in to unmask]             * * * *    *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey National Champions  1990-91   *   GO   *   *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey Final Eight 1991-92           *        *
 *  WCHA League Champions 1990-91                        * 'CATS! *   *
 *  WCHA Playoff Champions 1988-89/1990-91/1991-92 . . .   * * * *    *