From:
"Teresco, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 91 18:34:00 EDT
	I can't say for sure if the ECAC is more academically oriented than
any other league. I believe the exact comment made by one of the three (I
don't remember which) was that if it was Hockey East inviting Union to join,
we would definitely not. I don't know what they are basing their opinions
on. I would assume their main objection is that more (all?) Hockey East
schools offer athletic scholarships. Is this true? I am not very familiar
with Hockey East. I don't mean to imply anything bad about HE, the CCHA or
the WCHA, although it certainly sounded to me like whoever made that comment
last night was implying bad things.
	About the women's sport being elevated too, when I first heard Pres.
Hull say that, I thought, Wow, these people are really trying anything to
stop the team from moving up. But I guess he feels that it would have been
unfair to the women's teams if one of them was not also given an opportunity
to move up too. Since none of the teams wanted to move up, I guess it became
a dead issue, but I really didn't even see why he felt the need to ask them.
	Anyway, I'll have more as I hear it...

Jim