From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1993 23:43:41 EST
> I've been reading with interest the uproar about the whole tennis balls
> thing. I seem to remember an earlier discussion involving other schools.
> For example, I think Cornell throws an animal or something, onto the ice
> when they play Brown.

Well, no one at Cornell cares enough about a game with Brown to go to that much
trouble for it. :-)  They are content to just cheer "If it's brown, flush it
down!" and "our team is RED hot, our team is RED hot...your team is BROWN!"
Anyway, what you are referring to is the infamous tying of the chicken to the
Harvard goalpost before the third period.  It was started after Harvard did
that to us in Cambridge as a shot at our College of Agriculture.  Somehow
though, it became a tradition at Lynah.  However, the last couple of years a
better sense of humaneness and polical correctness has made it so that someone
from a frat dresses up as a chicken instead of using a real chicken.

The fans have been known to throw sieves, dead fish, and an occaisional dildo
on the ice during the Harvard game too, but that is being curbed as well
(thankfully).  Again, another unfortunate tradition started in retaliation to a
Harvard act (they hit our goalie--Darren Elliot I believe--in the head with a
full beercan during a game in Cambridge).

--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95