From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1992 12:10:59 EDT
Are you ready for this?  Last night, in place of the scheduled Bruins
playoff game on NESN, they showed the 1985 Hockey East Championship Game *in
its entirety*.  That's the game in which Providence beat BC, 2-1, in double
overtime behind Chris Terreri's 65 saves.  I wish I knew ahead of time, I
would have taped it.  As it was, I only saw the third period and overtimes.

If I get details on any upcoming telecasts of old games, I'll post; meanwhile,
fans in other places should keep their eyes open for similar replacements.
Nice to see NESN made a better choice than showing those 1986 World Series
Red Sox-Mets games!  New England SportsChannel should be shot for replaying
those.

- mike
1992 Red Sox: 0-2.   Wait till next year.  Bring up the kids.