From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:59:22 -0500
The great interest in the Women's Frozen Four has caused ONE, repeat ONE television station to cover the two semifinals and final live.

The station is WCKN-TV in Potsdam, NY.  I'm sure a bunch of TV sets will be turned to that one tonight as SLU is playing (NOT ON TV) Colorado College in the Men's Div 1 prelim round at the same time.  And, having been marooned in Potsdam for 5 years, I can tell you that the TV market in the Potsdam - Canton viewing area is not in the top 100 in the USA

I'll be moving my Big, Ugly Dish to Telstar 4, Transponder 17 this evening to see the HUGE crowds at the Women's semi finals.  Maybe I'll get Men's D1 updates there, too.

I'm a bit peeved that (a) the NCAA did not do a better job of getting the Ladies' tournament on live TV (NESN is showing it on tape delay) and (b) that the NCAA played "gender equity" with the TV $ and took the men's prelim rounds off the schedule to accommodate the ladies.  Somebody in Indianapolis or Kansas City has to do a better job.

Anyway, I'll be watching MSC for the Maine - UMinn game and flipping to the Women's games at commercials.

Joe

PS  Coordinates for the Women's final is Sunday 6PM EST Telstar 5  Transponder 24.