From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:54:28 -0400
On Sep 21, 16:20, Alpert, Michael wrote:
>I thought that teams had a recruiting limit for the quantity of players that
>they could include on the team!?  In the article that was just posted, that
>I included below in part, it indicates that Brown will be gaining 2 players
>compared to last year's roster.
>
>Is this correct?   Did the number of roster spots get increased?

I've never heard of a roster/recruiting limit.  A team can dress no more than
18 skaters and two or three goaltenders for a game, but that has no bearing on
how many players they can list on their roster.  Schools are also limited to 18
athletic scholarships in hockey (though Brown gives none).

Increasing roster size through recruits (and walk-ons) is not unusual.
 Cornell, for example, will apparently have five more players on their roster
than last year, as they've graduated three (plus a fourth who left the team
last year before the season even started due to back injuries) and have eight
recruits.  Given the amount of injuries the Big Red have had over the past two
years, the extra five players may be a wise move.

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95                                             DJF  5/27/94
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  JCF  12/2/97
"I'm addicted to placebos.  I'd give them up, but it wouldn't make any
 difference."
-- Steven Wright